Tuition Schedule, 2020-2021
The figures below represent full tuition for families that do not qualify for financial aid.
|Tuition for 20-21||Grade||Amount|
|Lower School||Grades 1 – 2||$24,750|
|Lower School||Grades 3 – 4||$24,750|
|Middle School||Grade 5 – 6||$28,650|
|Middle School||Grades 7 – 8||$28,650|
|High School||Grade 9||$33,100|
|High School||Grades 10 – 12||$33,100|
Please contact our admissions office at 845.462.7600 ext 201 if you have questions.
Financial Aid Program
Poughkeepsie Day School’s financial aid program provides assistance for qualified families to attend the school. Aid is determined and renewed on the basis of financial need. The financial aid program is used to reach out to students who are academically qualified regardless of their economic situation.
● Parents of students at all grade levels (Pre-K through Grade 12) can apply, however international students are not eligible for financial aid.
● Financial aid applications and awards are only determined after a student has completed the admissions process. A family’s financial need in no way affects a student’s acceptance by the school.
● PDS does not require repayment of financial aid awards; however, recipients must reapply annually. The size of the award may vary as the family’s financial circumstances change.
How to Apply
1 - Sign up for TADS below (current families can use the same link to sign in)
PDS uses TADS (a trusted third-party assessment service) to determine each family’s financial need, ensuring that each request for assistance is being evaluated objectively and professionally.
2 - Complete the TADS worksheet (optional)
TADS offers a handy worksheet that helps applicants prepare all the necessary information and documents needed for the application process. You can download the worksheet at the link below.
3 - Complete and submit your application and required paperwork
TADS will ask for specific tax and financial paperwork to be sent to them based on the details of your application. Once all the required paperwork is in and the application is submitted, the data used to determine your award will be made available to PDS. We do not consider this data until the admissions and/or re-enrollment process is completed.
Returning families (applying for the following academic year):
● Submit financial aid application by January 31st
● Submit most recent tax return by April 30th
● Submit application and supporting documents when you apply for admission
PDS holds all information concerning financial aid in the strictest confidence. Only those persons directly involved in the financial aid decision-making process, or in its administration, will review this information.
Contact Financial Aid
Families of new and returning students applying for financial aid should direct any questions about the process to Tammy Reilly, Financial Aid Advisor (firstname.lastname@example.org; 845-462-7600 ext 101).